Faculty: Faculty of Humanities
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Duration of training: 6 semesters
Language of instruction: English
Head of the programme: Dr. Irén HEGEDŰS
Description of the programme:
Our goal is to develop professionals with a high level of theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of English Studies and related areas of the Social Sciences. This programme of study will enable our students to make a serious contribution to their field in theoretical and practical terms,
English and American Studies
utilising both inter- and multi-disciplinary approaches. Those who successfully complete their studies at Bachelor (BA) level will be well qualified to continue their studies at postgraduate (MA) level. By obtaining their BA, students will possess a wide range of skills and knowledge:
- a thorough understanding of the English language and of English-speaking peoples and cultures worldwide,
- a high level of competence in the English language meeting the competency requirements of both the Written and Oral parts of the Advanced Level State Proficiency Examination,
- familiarity with basic research- and study techniques within the field of English Studies,
- the ability to translate a variety of non-field-specific texts in an intelligent manner. In addition, with a knowledge of the social, economic and environmental characteristics specific to Hungary and to various English-speaking countries, students will be able to exchange such knowledge in a constructive, solution-oriented manner to:
- strengthen cultural ties through a creative application of their language- and problem-solving skills,
- contribute to local cultural and civic life, especially in the area of Anglophone cultural connections,
- play active roles in mass communication, media and tourism.
It is our hope that students holding a BA in English Studies will show a lasting interest in and love for English-language literatures and cultures and will be motivated to employ their ever-increasing knowledge in a manner that is at once creative, cooperative and responsible.
- Application form
- High school diploma - with transcript of records
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
- Official copy of the following language exam certificates:
TOEFL (PBT paper-based): with a minimum of 517 points (www.ets.org/toefl)
TOEFL (iBT internet-based): 66 (www.ets.org/toefl)
IELTS: Overall Band Score: 5.5 (www.ielts.org)
Please send the documents specified above to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please send in all of the required documents. Incomplete applications will not be processed!